What an opportunity to exhibit your excellent leadership, communication and analytical skills. To act as a role model for other staff. To works within the Mission, Vision and Values of Covenant Health. You will have the chance to follow the Policies and Procedures developed by Covenant Health. Exhibit your sound problem-solving, critical-thinking skills and your ability to provide coaching and conflict management skills. In this supportive environment you will be given the chance to be part of a great leadership team and extraordinary Organization. Please note: Travel is required, and may include the use of a personal vehicle. A standard driver’s abstract may also be required for use of corporate lease vehicles.
Reporting to the Site Administrator/Patient Care Manager, this position is responsible for the leadership and operations of assigned programs and/or units. The Manager is accountable for the daily management of delegated unit and their efficient function and performance, and ensuring appropriate staffing levels to support quality care. The position monitors operational budgets, participates in operational planning at the unit and program level and oversees resident flow. The Manager adheres to and serves as a role model for the Covenant Health mission, vision and values within the program area(s) and/or units. The responsibilities of this position are focused around four critical aspects of care and service: People and teams. Access and flow. Quality and safety. Efficiency and resources.
•Union: COV OUT OF SCOPE
•Department: Seniors Care Admin BHC
•Primary Location: Bonnyville Health Centre
•Employee Class: Regular Full Time
•Posting End Date: 22-MAY-2018
•Date Available: 01-JUN-2018
•Hours per Shift: 7.75
•Length of Shift in weeks: 2
•Shifts per cycle: 10
•Shift Pattern: Days, On Call
•Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
•Salary: Covenant Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
•Vehicle Requirement: Driver's License, Vehicle Required
- A Bachelors Degree in nursing or a health discipline is required; Masters degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have at least 8 – 10 years progressive responsible experience within a clinical care setting, five of which will have been in a supervisory/management level position.
- Certified in CPR necessary. Active annual registration with professional association required (where applicable).
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Position requires occasional travel. Must have valid Alberta driver’s license.
- Exhibits strong clinical knowledge and skill in acute care nursing, seniors care (Continuing Care, Assisted Living, Designated Assisted Living, Long Term Care) or relevant specialty.
- Demonstrated aptitude for leadership and progression in career.
- Current computer skills (e.g. calendar management and e-mail).
- Provides evidence of professional development.
- Exhibits excellent leadership, communication and analytical skills. Acts as a role model for other staff.