Senior Policy Advisor
Don't miss this opportunity with the Ministry of Finance to lead and manage policy research, analysis and development and provide guidance to Policy Advisors. We are looking for team-oriented individuals to join the Financial Institutions Policy Branch in the Auto Insurance / Insurance Policy Unit.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide leadership on policy and program initiatives; organize/assign and supervise work; mentor and coach team members; and establish sound business planning and performance criteria
• plan, lead and undertake research, analysis and development of policy options and strategies related to the insurance sector
• provide policy expertise to senior management, the Deputy Minister and the Minister on developments and trends
• lead and coordinate policy review and consultation processes with partner ministries and stakeholders
• identify and analyze trends in other jurisdictions
How do I qualify?
Policy and Program Knowledge and Skills:
• you have the ability to develop policy, principles and techniques to lead the development and implementation of policies, programs, options, strategies and initiatives
• you have successfully applied knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes and government decision-making processes
• you have the ability to assess complex and technical issues
• you have the ability to provide advice, interpretation, and policy and program expertise to senior management on a broad range of insurance issues
Leadership, Project Management and Analytical Skills:
• you have successfully led significant policy initiatives
• you have successfully led and managed complex stakeholder relationships to gain support for policy initiatives
• you are able to provide direction, guidance and technical leadership to project team members
• you have strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, organize and execute the development of policies and projects
• you have advanced research, analytical and problem-solving skills
• you are able to identify, analyze and resolve emerging policy issues
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• you have demonstrated consultation and consensus-building skills to discuss and resolve diverse and competing policy issues/priorities
• you can prepare and present documents for decision-makers, including reports, issues briefing notes and correspondence
• you have excellent presentation, consultation and advisory skills
• you have experience leading external stakeholder consultations and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• you are proficient in using computer software applications to research and prepare materials
Salary Range: $75,924 - $110,352 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 95 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent - Full Time, 95 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Monday, April 16, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 121186 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.