Insurance is changing and it’s changing fast. At Intact, the largest P&C insurer in Canada, we are leading the charge in the new and exciting world of insurance products that will improve the lives of millions of Canadians today and tomorrow.
As a Telephone Claims Adjuster, Auto, you will have an important job of helping our customers get back on track after an accident. You will have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service when investigating auto damage claims to ensure a quick and fair settlement. Are you looking for an opportunity to kick start your career in the insurance industry while working within an organization that values your passion to help others? Join our team and make a difference!
Do these traits apply to you?
- Are you calm under high pressure situations?
- Are you objective and impartial during stressful situations and conflicting demands?
- Are you able to learn quickly from experience?
- Are you detailed, goal and priority oriented?
- Are you thorough and accurate, as well as very organized?
- Do you create innovative and unconventional approaches to problem solving?
If so, the Telephone Claims Adjuster, Auto is the perfect opportunity you!
Your role as a Telephone Claims Adjuster, Auto is to investigate and settle a high volume of claims with a wide variety of complexity. You will provide quality service and ensure prompt and equitable settlement of claims over the phone and written correspondence. Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Claims Intake
- Answer queries relating to investigations and the claims process
- Investigate, collect reports and statements to determine liability and coverage
- Document the claim file by collecting appropriate reports and statements from key stakeholders (including appraisers, third party adjusters, claimants, Police, and any other pertinent experts to determine coverage)
- Claims Analysis
- Investigate auto claims with integrity and respect in a timely manner to ensure a fair settlement
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with the customers, appraisers, adjusters, claimants, lawyers and any other stakeholder to settle claims
- Continuous learning of appraisal, investigation techniques and services to increase efficiencies with our process
- Identify process improvement needs and recommend changes to policies or procedures to improve quality service and competitiveness
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and work in a file free environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision making skills coupled with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on Saturdays and Statutory Holidays
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- A 35-hour workweek
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
Hours are anywhere between 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Saturday. You must be flexible to work any of these days and times including occasional Statutory Holidays.
As part of Intact’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Proof of eligibility for permanent roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation. Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire.
This posting will close on April 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
Please apply directly on to the Intact Career site: