Reporting to the Manager, Reserving & Financial Reporting, you are responsible for the valuation and reporting of policy liabilities, reporting on claim trends, and supporting other departments like Pricing, Finance, and Risk Management in their processes by providing inputs on claims experience and related financial trends.
- Emphasis on learning various actuarial operations and the insurance business, such as underwriting, claims handling, and financial reporting;
- Leverage professional experience with spreadsheets, databases, and statistical software to compile and categorize data used in valuation and related analyses
- Communicate actuarial concepts and make recommendations to Actuarial management both verbally and in writing with supporting documentation;
- Produces various data exhibits and analysis relating to measuring, tracking, and monitoring company and industry performance;
- Independently respond to routine requests of internal and external stakeholders related to standard reports and processes;
- Perform peer reviews on the technical and qualitative analysis of peers and more junior staff.
- University degree;
- Must have completed 4 to 6 exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society;
- Must have 2 to 5 years of relevant full time experience, preferably in reserving;
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess strong programming skills, including knowledge of SAS and efficient use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, VBA, etc.). Knowledge of ResQ will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on our corporate careers website: https://www.economical.com/en/careers. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We’re looking for candidates who are on top of their game. Find out what it’s like to work at Economical: https://youtu.be/C2mu-vLY_0Q