We are actively recruiting for a Pricing Director - based out of our Toronto or Waterloo offices - to focus on developing pricing sophistication for a range of Personal Lines products.
Reporting to the VP, Products, Pricing and Underwriting, you will be responsible for managing a small team of pricing experts. Utilizing traditional pricing techniques with innovative, leading edge analytics, you will be responsible for delivering market leading performance in our Personal Auto and/or Personal Property Lines products for each company and province in which our group of companies writes business.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. Economical is committed to making a difference in not only the lives of our customers, but their communities too.
- Direct analyses of company and industry experience to estimating the rate adequacy for personal automobile and personal property lines
- Driving forward the pricing transformation agenda for your product set
- Day to day management of live rates to facilitate delivery of the financial plan
- Presentation of rate change recommendations to the Personal Lines Rating Group ensuring evidential compliance with risk and governance requirements
- Provide direction and support to other departments on personal insurance product and pricing matter
- Identify operational and strategic priorities and build business plans for personal automobile and property production and profitability across the country
- Subject Matter Expert for Product & Pricing Committee meetings
- Effectively recruit, develop and retain skilled staff to achieve corporate objective
- Development of your team’s technical and professional capability
Your Skills & Experience:
- University degree in Actuarial Science or a related discipline
- 7-10 years of proven pricing experience in personal automobile and personal property lines product
- Previous leadership experience at the senior management level (minimum 5 years)
- FCAS designation or minimum of 8 exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society and actively working toward FCAS designation
- Strong PC skills including expertise with of Microsoft Office and SAS
- Strategic thinker with the ability to lead, challenge and influence business decisions
- Experience with specialist statistical and pricing software
Who We Are Looking for:
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to coach, develop and motivate staff
- Strong analytical abilities and strategic acumen
- Ability to drive through change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and perform well in a busy environment
What You’ll Experience:
- A fun and supportive team with opportunity to grow
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- An organization with ambitious and innovative goals
- Opportunities to be involved in meaningful and rewarding work, where you can take pride in knowing you are making a difference
- A company that values the community, wellness and work-life balance
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on our corporate careers website: https://www.economical.com/en/careers. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.