If you are looking for an opportunity to make significant contributions within a strong culture of innovation, consider joining our actuarial pricing team at Economical Insurance, including our direct arm, Sonnet. We have opportunities at our Waterloo and Toronto locations.
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, you will be responsible for analysis pertaining to rate adequacy, including production of rate indications and development of rating structures using multi-variate actuarial models. In this role, you will have exposure to rating and product development work in both personal and commercial insurance.
- Develop knowledge of actuarial operations and the insurance business, including predictive modeling, underwriting, claims handling, and product development;
- Develop and apply your experience with spreadsheets, databases, and statistical software to prepare and analyze data for profitability analysis and other diverse applications;
- Communicate actuarial concepts and make recommendations to management both verbally and in writing with supporting documentation;
- Measure, track, and monitor company and industry performance;
- Respond to requests of internal and external stakeholders;
- Review the work of peers and junior staff
- University degree; preference given to candidates with mathematics and statistics degrees
- Must have completed 4-6 exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Must have 2-5 years of relevant full-time experience
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must possess strong programming skills, including knowledge of SAS and efficient use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, VBA, etc.)
- Knowledge of SAS, Emblem, Radar an asset
We’re looking for candidates who are on top of their game. Find out what it’s like to work at Economical: https://youtu.be/C2mu-vLY_0Q
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on our corporate careers website: https://www.economical.com/en/careers. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.