Reporting to the AVP, Claims Field Operations, the incumbent is accountable for managing Ontario Claims operations and Sonnet Claims on a national level. This includes: assisting in developing a claims strategic plan and leading the development and implementation of claims operational plans that support the Economical Insurance strategic objectives.
In this role, you will:
- be accountable for the performance management of direct reports
- lead the demutualization project as it relates to Claims over the next several years
- introduce process efficiencies to improve intake and pending capacity and maintain excellent customer service scoring
- Works closely with management team to ensure that policies, procedures and standards are carried out in accordance with corporate requirements, along with implementing and adhering to vendor programs established by Head Office Claims
- Champions vendor programs and liaises with underwriting teams (both Personal and Commercial) to establish a better working relationship for Claims to support Economical’s strategic business units
- Leads the development of Claims operating plan, including coordinating the development and implementation of all claims programs to ensure appropriate measures and processes are in place
- Identifies process enhancements and continuous improvements to existing programs
- Ensures that accurate and complete budgets are prepared, including appropriate monitoring controls for the regional claims budget and the Sonnet claims national budget (excluding Quebec)
- Provides technical claims direction as required
- Provides regular, timely and accurate reports to monitor the progress of the claims operation
- Acts as senior claims liaison to internal customers (i.e. Underwriting, Marketing, Regional VP, Business Development) and broker force
- Actions and integrates Economical’s core values
- Provides guidance and support to management team on recruiting, selecting and managing claims employees, along with soliciting assistance from HR
- Ensures effective performance management practices are followed in all claims field operations
- Coaches and develops regional and branch claims management staff
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree, 2-year college diploma in a relevant field of study, Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), or Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP)
- Minimum 10 years of claims experience including 5+ years in a senior leadership role within the Property and Casualty insurance industry; experience in multi-line claims is an asset
- Ability to think strategically
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to coach, develop, mentor, motivate and retain staff
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions (external and internal)
- Excellent communication (written or verbal), analytical, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to remain calm under pressure and perform well in a busy and changing environment
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on our corporate careers website: https://www.economical.com/en/careers. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, The Missisquoi Insurance Company, Perth Insurance Company, Waterloo Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.