Are you a passionate car enthusiast with a background in auto body repair or estimating? Are you licensed, Red Seal or Journeyman in auto body repair? Are you looking to get out of the shop or to take your auto appraising career to the next level? If so we have a role for you!
Reporting to the National Auto Appraisal Team Leader, the Appraiser will be accountable for the direct handling of moderate to complex physical damage appraisals, assess damage, and responsible for reviewing, monitoring and assuring that appraisal compliance is achieved within the preferred vendor network and on remote repair facilities. The candidate will also be liaising with the certified Economical repair facilities to establish and build an environment of mutual respect and trust. The Appraiser is responsible for pursuing a cost-effective avenue for repairs, preparing estimates and negotiating with repair facilities.
This position provides the successful candidate a work-from-home environment. You will be required to attend meetings and training throughout the year at our Halifax branch, so you must be located within a reasonable commuting distance.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who We’re Looking for:
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, with customers or co-workers
- Performs well in a busy operation and remains calm under pressure by being well organized and utilizing strong time management skills
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Positive, customer focused attitude
- Analytical in nature and strong problem solver
- Adaptive to change
- Independent, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Reviews the physical damage appraisal provided by the preferred vendor program
- Completes appraisal and negotiates with repair facility(s) on proper repair methods and pricing
- Completes remote appraisals and negotiates with third party (facilities that are not part of preferred vendor program)
- Assists and cooperates with colleagues during busy periods
- Processing total loss claims uploaded by preferred repair facility in an expedited manner
- Completes vehicle re-inspections uploaded by preferred repair facility (audit quality control)
- Participates in various team and performance meetings
- Cover all regions within Canada under the remote appraisals program(become familiar with various regional differences)
- Must communicate in a professional manner ( written and verbal)
- Completes Autosource information documents for total loss files and stolen not recovered vehicles when requested
- Provides technical expertise (assistance) to adjusting staff when requested
- Maintains a high level of expertise in automobile repair techniques, estimating software and hardware and vehicle evaluations
- Provides possible new methods to improve current work flow for team leader review
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must maintain and update job skills
- Must perform desk audits to assure compliance within the CERF program
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system, micro soft office and excel
- Assist in resolution of customer service and vendor issues as assigned
- Negotiate and settle total loss vehicles when required
- Appraise automobile/vehicle damage
- May have to provide assistance during catastrophes when requested
Your Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience either appraising / estimating automobile physical damages or working within an imaging desk role
- Proficiency with Audatex estimating software is required
- License Certified Auto-Body Repairmen (class A or B / 310B Journeyman OR Red Seal) is required
- Possess technical knowledge of auto body collision and mechanical repairs
- College/University/Technical degree would be an asset and is preferred, but not required
- Must have a good working knowledge of the collision industry
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Completion of I-Car and/or technical courses is an asset (continuation of education will be required)
- Valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the company
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous automobile body repair and appraisal experience
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on our corporate careers website: https://www.economical.com/en/careers. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
At Economical we are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.