******PLEASE NOTE, TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB YOU MUST APPLY THROUGH WWW.NOVASCOTIA.CA. ALL CANDIDATES SUBMITTING RESUMES THROUGH CAREER CONNECTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE******
Competition # 11381
Manager, Business Continuity Management, Permanent, HALIFAX
Posting Closing Date: 5/7/2018
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or on your resume.
The Manager of Business Continuity Management would be the right job for you if you are driven by planning, emergency response and resiliency to recover from events that negatively impact government operations. We’re looking for a manager to lead a diverse team of highly skilled subject matter experts who thrive on delivering service excellence and preparing government for the future in a rapidly changing environment.
We’re on the lookout for talented people who share our vision and values in providing quality support to our clients and who lead by example; who thrive on teamwork and bringing people together to solve problems through an innovation lens.
If this inspires you, then read on, we need you to lead Business Continuity Management for the Government of Nova Scotia.
This is an exciting time for the Department of Internal Services who was recently mandated to coordinate Business Continuity Management (BCM) across government departments. If you are a strategic holistic thinker and thrive on unforeseen challenges, then this is a perfect fit.
The Manager will lead the Business Continuity Management Program by using best practices in the development, coordination, and sustainment of an integrated provincial business continuity management program that ensures continuation of critical business functions across the Province in the event of a major service disruption.
The Manager has an in-depth understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols and will work collaboratively across government departments to develop and support resilience.
The ideal candidate will be a leader that cares and supports their team through career development; promotes engagement and leads by example while supporting diversity and a healthy workplace.
A Business Degree in a related discipline such as Public Administration, Policy, Law, Resource Management along with several years of progressive related management experience; OR an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
This unique position works in a virtual environment and deals with unseen threats on a daily basis and aligns well with candidates who possess:
- Professional level business continuity management knowledge and training;
- Certification in basic emergency management and incident command training such as BCM certification;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with governance frameworks;
- Several years of experience in program development, implementation and monitoring, and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrated success in leading, coaching and mentoring others, team building, employee development and relationship building;
- Ability to identify emerging trends, needs and challenges;
- Ability to drive and implement innovative thinking and change within the organization;
- Ability to execute through effective delegation, motivation and oversight;
- A leader that is driven, energic and a high degree of professional integrity;
- Experience in human resource and budget administration;
- Experience working in a diverse environment and with promoting cultural diversity in the work place;
- Threat risk assessments, collaborating with government or large organization in emergency preparedness;
- Development of corporate policy, standards, guidelines, departmental plans;
- Training of departmental business continuity managers and exercising plans.
Please provide details in your cover letter how you clearly meet the requirements outlined above.
Assessments may be required and will be based on the above qualifications using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, and presentations.
Self-Awareness & Personal Impact
Effective Interactive Communication
Partnering & Relationship Building
Intercultural Diversity Proficiency
Pay Grade: EC 12
Salary Range: $2,918.00 - $3,647.00 Bi-Weekly
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All current employees who wish to be considered an internal candidate, please click here.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer
For questions or concerns, please contact Competitions@novascotia.ca