We currently have a fulltime position available for a Property Field Adjuster in our Edmonton Claims department. Reporting to the Property Claims Supervisor, the successful candidate will evaluate, negotiate and settle claims arising under property policies in both the personal and commercial areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with insureds to facilitate settlement of their claim
- Confirm coverages and explain claims process to insureds
- Arrange meetings at loss location, scope losses and photograph damages
- Obtain recorded statements as needed
- Determine liability and pursue subrogation as appropriate
- Guide insureds through the repair process through use of our property damage repair program
- Accurately and efficiently document all file activity
- Escalate questionable claims to Special Investigations Unit
- Liaise with brokers and underwriters as required
- CIP designation (or working towards) is desirable
- 5+ years of property claims adjusting experience
- Strong knowledge of property policies and wordings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Proven analytical, negotiation, problem solving and investigative skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Some travel may be required
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career submit your resume, stating the position you are applying for, to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.