What is the opportunity?
As a Life & Living Benefits Insurance Advisor, you will contribute to the clients experience and meeting the team sales plan and revenue objectives by providing client advice, service and Life & Living Benefits insurance solutions to meet their needs through our Advice Centre (Incoming calls). You will take a client focused approach to effectively navigating the need assessment discussion, acknowledging and understanding the request to ensure client decision confidence when providing an insurance or servicing solution. In addition, you will be accountable to identify cross sell and referral opportunities, collaborate with sales partners with the goal of deepening the proprietary client relationship. Accountable to ensure due diligence of procedures, process, regulatory compliance
What will you do?
- Provides a superior client experience, creating clients as advocates by listening and connecting with clients through discovery discussions and providing insurance solutions
- Contributes to team sales plan by achieving new business, up sell, cross sell and referrals goals
- Maximize opportunity spotting with all clients to: deepen client relationship, increase number of products per client and improve client retention
- Identify needs and collaborate with RBC sales partnerships within and outside of the RBC Insurance Advice Centre, when required to meet client needs and maximize opportunity spotting with all clients to increase effective client referrals to RBCI Partners, improve sales results and contribute to a superior client experience
- Ensure effective use of technology, tools and sales resources with all clients, ensuring advice driven discussions occur and are documented
What do you need to succeed?
- A valid Insurance of persons license (LLQP) issued by the Quebec Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF)
- Excellent communication skills in French and English
- Professional customer service skills and a talent for listening, establishing rapport, and finding the right solutions for clients
- An excellent telephone manner and intermediate level of IT skills as well as strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- A committed willingness and understanding of the expectation to work flexible shifts, as our Centre is open Monday - Friday, 08:00am to 8:15pm
- Proven professional sales experience, and success in meeting and exceeding sales targets in a contact centre environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package including flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock options
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team. By joining RBC Insurance, you also become part of a supportive, inclusive team that shares common values – including a fundamental respect for each other
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It’s easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.