Director, Customer Care
The Director of Customer Care for Sonnet is responsible for complete oversight of Sonnet Insurance's Customer Care department. The Director drives continuous customer experience improvement across all customer touch points in the context of the highly regulated insurance industry. The Director defines and executes the vision for customer care across an expanding number of service channels including web service, mobile, social, voice, email, web chat, co-browse - both inbound and outbound. Core duties include management and leadership of team processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience with an emphasis on core contact centre areas including: recruitment, training, coaching, quality management, workforce planning, operations and more.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who We’re Looking for:
- You’re professional, friendly and courteous in all your interactions
- You’re a natural coach and mentor
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Your work ethic drives you to take on large challenges and see them through to completion
- You collaborate well will others, sharing your ideas, and listening to and integrating those of others
- You’re comfortable leading and inspiring your team in developing and documenting best practices for customer service excellence while continuously looking for ways to innovate, drive efficiencies and look for continuous improvements
- Collaborate with the Sonnet leadership team and Economical shared services teams to align contact centre operations with delivering business unit results and driving customer engagement with targeted market segments
- Partner with internal stakeholders to provide input on continuous improvement priorities for customer experience processes and technologies to drive efficiencies in customer experience and performance
- Actively engage in developing and driving the contact centre strategy to systematically integrate customer feedback into management tactics and strategies
- Identify people, processes and technology impacts of broad transformation initiatives, operating within an Agile environment
- Oversee the identification and development of all training and licensing requirements and supervise the team that delivers ongoing training
- Operate effectively in an Agile environment to deliver on enhancement and optimization initiatives
- Set effective goals that provide a clear line of sight to organizational priorities, and monitor progress toward achievement of goals
- Contribute to a culture of high performance and sustained profitable growth by promoting and supporting an environment that encourages data-driven decision making, productivity, collaboration, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism
- Promote enterprise continuous improvement initiatives and build buy-in among direct reports and key contacts across Economical
- Assist with the roll out of enterprise-wide change initiatives related to customer experience
- Communicate relevant changes to the customer experience, including, but not limited to process and technology changes
Your Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of customer service experience, innovation and analytics or digital channel customer service operations experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience leading a multi-channel customer service team and working with customer experience, marketing and analytics professionals, delivering high quality, cost effective services in a customer contact centre
- 5+ years of experience in the insurance sector, gaining a strong understanding of the regulatory environment; including customer segmentation, pricing and underwriting process and rules, fraud related issues, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in a digital, multi-channel, eCommerce environment with a proven history in seamless channel leadership (e.g. web, mobile) with integrated customer service
- 3+ years in an eCommerce environment with strong analytical and data-driven track record. Digital merchandising and marketing experience a plus
- Track record in implementing digital platforms, migrating to new technologies and increasing customer experience and conversion rates
- Advanced analytical skills with a knack for interpreting trends and data, and making informed projections/assertions
- Proficient in customer retention initiatives to enhance the customer experience
- A strong leader capable of developing, coaching, managing and motivating a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels with proven success at developing integrated digital businesses from strategy through execution with a passion for driving profitable growth
- All things being equal, preference will be given to candidates having more insurance industry experience
What You’ll Experience:
- An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people that want to help you be better at what you do
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- Unexpected perks to keep things fun
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on our corporate careers website: https://www.economical.com/en/careers. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.