Job Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for new business sales and provide professional insurance services to commercial clients. This individuals will be a key contributor to Cowan’s national strategy and to its strong sales culture, through the prospecting of new clients, by organically growing a book of business and by promoting multi-line sales. He/she will provide exceptional insurance advice to clients, be able to identify insurance needs, work effectively with our markets, and define appropriate coverage for clients. In particular, the ideal candidate will bring expertise in providing insurance solutions to auto dealerships and the construction industry including surety.
- Level 2 General Insurance Agent License (BC);
- Previous sales experience;
- Previous experience in insurance for auto dealerships and the construction industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, written and oral;
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to perform effectively, with minimal supervision
- Highly developed customer service skills;
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset;
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products;
- Valid driver’s license.