Canada Cartage is a leading national provider of customer-located, dedicated trucking services and warehouse solutions. The majority of Canada Cartage’s fleet and drivers are dedicated to specific customers and reside at their locations.
Reporting to the National Manager of Risk Management, the Claims Specialist is responsible for investigating and processing all company claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Works with staff and management in Fleet and Maintenance Department to coordinate repairs to damaged equipment.
- Works with assigned independent and representatives from our insurance company on bringing claim to resolution.
- Coordinates with repair facilities, recovery companies and branches on getting damaged equipment repaired and back into operations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Negotiates, settles and resolves motor vehicle accident claims, cargo and property losses with customers and third parties.
- Receives and reviews all incident reports and claim investigation material including Motor Accident Reports, Property Damage and Warehouse Exception reports.
- Establishes and manages both hard copy and e-copy claim files with all documentation and investigation material housed in chronological order.
- Coordinates and handles all internal claims investigations and communicates the findings internally and to the customer/vendor within a timely manner.
- Administers the financial aspects of all claims including establishing claim reserves, internal cost allocation, processing loss payments and subrogation collection.
- Perform duties in accordance with industry standards, regulations, corporate timelines, performance standards and workplace safety and health policies and procedures.
- Participates with an on call rotation
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Completion of high school required
- Completion of Post-Secondary Business Administration or equivalent course required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience handling auto and cargo losses
- Proficient in Microsoft office products including excel, internet and database applications
- Must be able to demonstrate active verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a typing speed of over 40 WPM
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, organizational and planning skills required
- Ability to problem solve, self-motivated and work independently
- Good negotiation skills and customer service focus
- Experience working in claims or trucking considered an asset
- Insurance Institute of Canada (CIP Program) designation considered asset
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women