We are a growing insurance company in Canada, offering a full line of home and automobile personal lines products to Canadians.
We offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package, a retirement plan, and annual incentive plan. We are strongly commited to helping our employees maximize their skills with on-going professional and personal development, as well as individualized coaching.
Pembridge has a proud heritage of excellence in customer and claims service, product delivery, community activity and financial stability.
This position reports to the Provincial Underwriting Manager. The Intermediate Underwriter can be located in Markham, ON, or Bedford, NS.
As an Intermediate Underwriter you will be accountable for:
- Establishing and maintaining professional business partnerships with Brokers to provide underwriting, consulting and educational services to support regional growth.
- Ensuring an understanding of underwriting standards and compliance to underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Ensuring delivery of individual results within appropriate metrics, including quality, quantity, timeliness and customer satisfaction.
- Recommending, implementing and maintaining the appropriate service policies, processes and practices to address continuous improvement initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years underwriting experience in the general insurance industry.
- Experience with non-standard market would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and subordinate to reach goals as well as the ability to work well independently.
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to mentor others.
- Active participation in CIP courses
We have 4 positions available; for the role supporting the Maritimes team; please note that some travel will be required to the Atlantic Region.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates are invited to submit their applications by – June 1, 2018
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2017 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!