Reporting to the AVP - Controller & Treasurer the primary responsibilities of the Reinsurance Accounting Analyst include the timely reconciliation, analysis and disbursement of funds received from clients and reinsurers and the effective resolution of issues.
- Analyze scheduled multi-currency cash receipts, reconcile information to the company’s internal accounting-claims-premiums software, ATLAS, and accurately apply funds to outstanding balances;
- Prepare disbursement details to financial institution(s) and communicate with clients;
- Adhere to contractual deadlines or other pre-established timelines;
- Maintain relationships with key global clients and markets including timely response to enquiries, anticipating potential issues and escalating important service issues to the SVP, Finance;
- Liaise with Toronto and Global staff in the development and implementation of group accounting procedures;
- Resolve enquiries from reinsurers and clients;
- Follow up on outstanding items/collections in a regular and timely manner;
- Keep relevant internal management and all staff apprised on matters relating to various areas of business in the Company;
- Prepare own enclosure, query and explanatory letters or emails.
- 4-7 years of experience in the accounting field. Experience in the insurance or reinsurance business is a definite asset.
- College or University degree in business or accounting is preferred.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills, with ability to resolve challenges quickly and logically through appropriate courses of action.
- Excellent computer and technical skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word), with advanced Excel mastery particularly in the areas of data tools e.g. pivots.
- Ability to work well under stressful conditions, sometimes with tight deadlines.
- Adaptable and comfortable in a less than fully structured environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude at all times.
- Focused and detail oriented.
- Highly organized, with excellent prioritization skills.
Beach encourages applications from all qualified candidates including persons with disabilities. Please contact hr@beachgp com if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.
Please submit a COVER LETTER with your RESUME.
Located close to Union Station in Downtown Toronto, Beach offers a competitive compensation package and a pleasant working environment. We act as a team to deliver success to our clients and are committed to enabling talent to thrive and develop. Innovation and creativity help us stand apart and underpin our growth. We empower our people and expect accountability and responsibility in return, with ethics a critical component of everything we do.