We are looking for a full time permanent Broker! The Broker is responsible for the placement of accounts in the marketplace on behalf of the commercial service teams. They ensure the client receives appropriate and effective coverage at competitive premiums to satisfy the goals of our commercial clients.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Build strong business relationships with our underwriter partners for the mutual benefit of all three parties: Clients, Lloyd Sadd and Insurer;
- Enhance their expertise in all aspects of insurance technical skills, such as coverage, wordings, business risk and market intelligence;
- Participate in the strategic placement discussions with commercial teams;
- Presentation of expertise, capabilities and technical information to clients;
- Liaising with the Account Administrators, Account Assistants and Account Managers to ensure all information is updated and accurate;
- Ability to understand business risk and the connection between client operations and insurance. Translate that knowledge into a working submission for placement into the market;
- Leverage business relationship to successfully negotiate preferred terms for our clients;
- Follow the Lloyd Sadd placement processes, timelines, minimum coverage standards and commission requirements;
- Provide regular reports on activities, wins and losses in the market.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Underwriting, Broking, or Senior Account service role;
- Successful completion of minimum one of the following: CIP, FCIP, or CAIB programs required;
- Level II Insurance License required;
- Effective communication skills;
- Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency to achieve objectives and deadlines; able to overcome obstacles and time pressures; attention to detail;
- Make high quality decisions and effectively resolve problems;
- Computer literacy, including strong working skills of MS Office;
- Presentation skills – public speaking & ability to explain documents prepared for client;
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members, underwriters and clients;
- Excellent organizational skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salaries based on knowledge and experience;
- Comprehensive Benefits after 90 days of employment;
- Matching RRSP Contributions after 90 days of employment;
- Flexible Working Arrangements & Schedules;
- Career development & Tuition Reimbursement;
- Employee Discounts;
- Health and Wellness Initiatives;
- Referral Bonuses for both New Business and Talent;
- A positive and safe work environment!
Attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining dedicated team members, is a critical component of Lloyd Sadd’s success. We commit ourselves to a culture that motivates and recognizes high performance through professional development opportunities which include progressive responsibilities, recognition for effort and rewards based on results.
Ready to apply? We thought so!
Apply online by emailing Courtney Fry, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org To learn more: visit our website at http://www.lloydsadd.com/insurance-careers-alberta/. Please ensure to include your resume & cover letter including the position title in your subject line as noted above.
We thank all those who apply however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.