As a Personal Lines Underwriter, your primary responsibilities will involve evaluating Property and Auto (including Commercial Auto and Farm) business for acceptability and rate.
Are you an experienced insurance professional with the following key skills?
- Strong knowledge of underwriting all classes of residential risks, including farm and non-package products,
- Understanding of and ability to read/interpret residential policy wordings, including underwriting of Excess and Umbrella liability insurance,
- Strong knowledge of all private passenger classes and all miscellaneous vehicle types,
- Understanding of and ability to read/interpret all relevant auto policy wordings, including the OAP, and most OPCF endorsements, including underwriting Excess and Umbrella liability and application of more complex OPCF’s,
- Sound judgement and decision making abilities,
- Strong knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs,
- Effective communication skills to interact with various internal and external contacts,
- Ability to work confidently under pressure and multi task,
- Superior customer service mindset,
- CIP designation is considered ideal, and
- Direct experience in the field of insurance specific to underwriting, completion of post-secondary education or an equivalent of all.
Go to thecommonwell.ca and visit our application site from there for a detailed role description and to submit your application. We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. We provide equal opportunity and a barrier free process. Call (705) 324-2146 or write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.